Pages

Monday, February 22, 2021

WEAVING PROGRESSION OF 4 NEW SAORI HATS AT THE STUDIO : SAORISANTACRUZ

 I went on a hat weaving spree last week and warped and wove 4 new saori hats!



 photos are not in chronological order 






4 hats one warp. it all starts by winding a warp 
 why i love the  15 yard saori warping frame? it is free standing, no need for a table or wall! you can get the saori warping frame with the  folding stand separatly, but the stand makes it even more usable. the stand allows you to adjust the height and the metal rail allow you to sit up close and wind and warp with interfering with a chair if you chose to do that. 
the pegs slant outwards just enough to keep the warps on beautifully 
it has eye hooks to do the thumb flip 5 at at a time with needing a warping paddle 
maple wood YOU CAN WARP MUCH FASTER WITH THE SAORI WARPING FRAME

click  FOR INFO SAORI WARPING FRAME HERE





 this saori hat is up in my etsy shop  it is named "BLUE JAZZ NOTES"

 these two saori hats are already SOLD



 

this is my happy hat i call it " don't worry about a thing, because every thing is going to be alright" 


 this saori hat is available just up in my etsy shop 


I USE MOSTLY COTTON YARN THERE ARE SOME RAYON PLYS AND BLENDS BUT ALL MY HATS ARE HAND WASHABLE  
ALL ARE VERY SOFT 


many of the yarns i use are up in my Etsy shop 


 


I  BEAMMED ON  AND THREADED MY WARP ON THE AMAZING KENZO TABLE TOP SYSTEM MAKES IT FASTER AND WAY MORE ERGONOMIC  here you see the dividing rod with a secure fitting wooden cap . it will work for the 60 and the piccolo size harnesses 


 special adapters for the piccolo harnesses 

 beamed on, heddles threaded , reed threaded ….

 
tied up carried to my piccolo loom hung tensionsed ready to weave !


i chose to use my piccolo loom 






 Braiding the warps make sure to allow 2-3 hours for this  as you finish your hats .













"BLUES JAZZ NOTES "









 PEACEFUL WEAVING THE COSTAL REDWOODS  WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM


MY ETSY SHOP HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill