Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Welcome to SAORI SANTA CRUZ WEAVING AND SPINNING STUDIO CLASSES IN THE CALIFORNIA REDWOOD MOUNTAIN

 The last 3 years have been stressful! The Pandemic  isolation found many doing more weaving , sewing , spinning yarns, knitting, cooking, gardening slowing our pace down. Many turned to saori weaving and spinning yarns . This is my 12 th year of my saori Fiber Studio SAORI SANTA CRUZ . where I teach weaving, and how to spin fibers and how to sew garments from your your handwoven cloth. march 2020 the studio shut down  from covid 19 concerns and reopend june 2021 . october 2021 I tempoary closed the studio again to remodel and expand the  outdoors teaching class room with more room and permanent pergola. REOPENED in JANUARY 2022 

NEW YEAR NEWLY  UPGRADED STUDIO ! 


It took a little over 3 months , rain weather delays , supply change delays , finding carpenters , lumber  shortages but here I  AM BACK open in a EVEN LARGER covid safe well ventilated class room already teaching .

here is a brief photo  journey to the new transformed pergola class room .

all looms yarn and equipment were taken down and stored before construction 


 I conveyed to my carpenter  I  wanted a hexagon Pergola  with a corrugated red roof and so he made a model to scale for my approval! yes  this exactly what I wanted !




  Kerry and Chris started  building !











 thanksgiving, rain /wind storms, christmas , new years and  at last the second week of January 2022 the pergola was completed  and my first student  under the new pergola came!  it is in the middle of january  and outdoors and  yet it is snug and warm with with fire tables  and yes wonderful  healthy ventilation  as well. in the california sun.

here are my  weaving classes for january .





Antoinette came for a skinny scarf class and is happy to be be back to weaving 



saori ch60 loom info here













Lisa came down from Washington state and took a  saori class and decided she want to buy a saori  loom and accessories before she drove back home. 


 Lisa  after trying out different looms decided ,because she is 5"9" tall,  to purchase the saori ch60 loom with 2" height risers and a  Glimakra loom  bench and reindeer pad. The high placment of the warp beam is  so much better for her back as well.









Antoinette was back to continue on her skinny scarf along with Diane from Southern California who was  weaving and  picking up her new Wx60 saori loom and accessories . 










checking out Antoinette 's skinny scarf  that is not quite finished yet



diane looking at some of my finished saori  designed garments i had hanging 



 


a photo Diane sent me of her first saori weaving she took when they got back to there hotel on the beach in santa cruz 


i am loving Antoinette's skinny scarf!




diane's weaving 









PEACEFUL WEAVING IN THE CALIFORNIA REDWOODS 

                                 Jill Nickolene Sanders
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill