Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2022

using my hand spun Art yarns in the warp and weft on my Saori loom for a throw :saorisantacruz





gathered my Art yarns that I had spun from my stash


 I sprinkled in some commerical mohair  in the warp as well 


 the bulky yarns filled up my warping frame with a tempting colorful warp.


the wound warp is off the saori warping frame and into a canvas tote till I beam it on to my saori ch60 loom.
 

 yes my bulky art yarns are in the warp! I replaced the wire heddles from my saori harnesses to jumbo inserted eye heddles I special ordered from Canada . This will be a throw for a wedding gift for our son .
 I used my Glimakra raddle  directly on the loom to help tame such a buky warp as I beamed on my CH60 loom which was easy because the warp beam on the ch60 loom is up high .My back was happy about that!



I started weaving the weft. using my hand spun art yarn and some mohair too.






about half woven video 


and I finished weaving the throw . it will be 3 sewn pannels for the width .


 here is a video of  the entire  weaving fresh off the loom 





sewing a straight stitch on the sewing machine  then cutting the weaving into 3rds.


hand sewing the three panels length wise selvage to selvage  thrn i needed to add the fringes .




 ALL DONE !




video of the finished large throw below 

I believe the finished mesurments will be 56" wide by 70' long not incluging fringe. 








peaceful weaving in the santa cruz redwoods 
Jill Nickolene Sanders











 a video of my large finished saori art yarn throw
Sewn together and fringes finished  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill