Pages

Friday, June 21, 2024

Julia came for a 3 day Saori weaving intensive and sewed 2 vests from her weaving here at saori santa cruz

 meet Julia .. she came from the east coast to California for a 3 day Saori weaving intensive. She was not a weaver but totally imbraced the saori philosophy and wove all day for 2 days and sewed the last day.


i had  Julia  put on one of my Saori jackets to wear as it was chilly in the morning she said " it feels so amazing to me, wow "




she brought a old pink  silk sari she wanted to tear up in strips and use in her weaving 











looking at her 2 day weaving  progress i estimated that she had enough yardage to sew a vest or two in our last day.


she tried on some of my  saori garments and decided to sew  like this vest.


unfurling her yardage off the saori ch60 loom















cut sew pin try on!




she loves it!
here is a video of her modeling it 



enough yardage  left to a second vest  the draping collar  in the Saori beginning  clothing design book 




trying on and sewing vest 2 











here are the 2 vests side by side 




 a marvelous jam packed 3 days here at

SAORI SANTA CRUZ STUDIO


peaceful weaving in the costal redwood mountains

Jill N Sanders





http://www.instagram.com/saorisantacruz  FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM SAORISANTACRUZ






Ravelry and my Saori group 

 JOIN MY RAVELRY GROUP " WEAVING IN THE SAORI WAY"

RAVELRY.COM  TO JOIN 

WEAVING IN THE SAORI WAY GROUP HERE   I AM NICKOLENA ON RAVELRY


“Jill, you know you have another student, an online student!!!!!!! I am the online student!!!!! You brought me up on your weaving and spinning. I just realized that I am weaving and spinning thanks to you and this group. I live so many thousands of miles away from you, and I can be with you every day. Amazing. heart Thank you❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️’’I would also add that this portal does so much good for the world. It unites people through their creative work, work that serves home, love, peaceful living, joy and spending time together. It is a great weapon, a peaceful weapon, a weapon that shows that it is possible to live differently, together, together and with love.’’

from silvaminerva… Poland 


A recent post from one our groups members…. 
“, last year I’d completely lost my confidence and with it the joy I got from my spinning and weaving. Its really thanks to the saori philosophy that I’ve regained my passion for working with fibre and I feel like that thing that was missing from my life, the thing that gave me my spark, has returned to me. Last year I struggled with depression and had problems sleeping almost every night. Now I’m sleeping better and I get up everyday with my head full of things I want to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill