Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Carding batts to spin FOR TOUR DE FLEECE and Amy comes for a learn to spin class Saori Santa Cruz

 Each year for about 10 years i spin during the the Tour De France but we call  it THE TOUR DE FLEECE.  This year in preparation for the TDF I prepared andf carded 72 batts, in 18 color ways. each are 2-3 ozs each. 

I have a ravelry group WEAVING IN THE SAORI WAY and we have a team call THE SAORI WAY

If you want to join  our team check out my ravelry group . the race starst July 2 - July 24.

 here are all  my 72 batts !


 here i was still carding...


 batts stacked in the spinning studio in baskets 














my indispensable CLEMES AND CLEMES BURNISHING BRUSH click here 
 it packs fibers in so i can get thicker batts! 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy wants to learn to spin , she came for a learn to spin class and she did great!


Amy on the drop spindle



 learning how to drum card 







here first carded batt!
she plied on the spinolution firefly.





 here is Amy's first skein of yarn!

WANT TO LEARN TO SPIN OR WEAVE? CONTACT ME TO SCHEDULE A CLASS

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill