Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Winding warps with my saori warping frame at Saori Santa Cruz Studio

 October came in hot but with cooler mornings!  I love weaving spinning and warping outside .I wound 4 warps in the month of september .  a warp week for the month,

I  use the Saori Kenzo table top system to make My own premade warps ,  I threaded one in my SAORI inside set and will store the others to thread later all beamed on in neat rolls!


 I wound this cotton warp  number 2 in greys and chartreuse 



my number 3 warp from september is in cool blues ,( first was in yellows last blog) cottons



 I adore my ASHFORD 6 CONE THREADING HOLDER HERE




 I can arrange my yarn gathering quickly wind a warp with out  hiccups  or catching and dragging yarns from  letting them roll around  on the floor getting  caught in irritating threading holders with those pig tail guides 





I take my light weight saori warping frame with folding stand here anywhere becaue it is free standing I do not need a wall to support it . 







 




it is fun  and fast to wind warps when you have the right equipment . 


My fourth and final warp from september is using my hand spun art yarns 



 here is my gathering  of  my handspun skeins I hand wound into balls






I will weave this warp into a throw. by sewing two sections together. I  have  super large inserted eye heddles I replaced my heddles on the saori loom with to accomidate my art yarns.

I sprinkle mohair yarns in between my art yarns . It adds a nice halo to my throws. and weavings 

MOHAIR CONES IN MY ETSY SHOP HERE









you do not spin yarn? no worries i have textured  wool yarns on cones here that weave up fast  here wool yarns on cones  








 to weave with these  bulky yarns and mohair I use a a bifurcated  Swedish  ski shuttles SKI SHUTTLES HERE








I also use the  large saori boat shuttle with long ex large  saori bobbins here Large boat shuttle here


peaceful warping and weaving in the redwood mountains 

Jill Nickolene Sanders

WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM

MY ETSY SHOP

JOIN MY RAVELRY GROUP WEAVING IN THE SAORI WAY



email me here to schedule a weaving or spinning class link to email here saorisantacruz.com







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill