Pages

Monday, June 29, 2020

Prepping fiber, carding batts for 3 weeks of spinning yarn for Tour De Fleece 2020

This year the Tour De France  cycling race has been postponed, maybe cancelled but because of covid 19 my ravelry group  " weaving in the saori way " decided to hold our TOUR DE FLEECE spin a long to keep our spirts up while we are to stay home to stay safe.
what is ravelry? go here  Join Ravelry
If you belong to Ravelry go here for my  group WEAVING IN THE SAORI WAY
BTW i have been a member for 12 years my ravelry name is Nickolena . I have almost 6,400 members in my group! especially durning the Pandemic we have spin a longs, weave a longs and chats and and are a social group with fiber arts as our favorite medium.

 my batts i created for TDF this year to spin the yarn spun  will eventually go into  my weaving 

colorful batts i made just to spin for 3 week of TDF 20



















  all  72 of my carded batts , 4 batts in each 18 separate color ways













~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  AND THE TDF STARTED JUNE 27….





to spin singles the treadling is the best design of any wheel made, effortless easy on the joints a rocking side by side  motion not heel toe

  not having a sliding hook or cup hooks on the flyer but only nylon pegs is a huge development  for spinners  makes spinning so much more fun.

 i made super coils on my firefly by spinolution. a moterized  wheel mine i have the 32 oz bobbin on .



  days 2 spin




\
  i used my ASHFORD SUPER JUMBO E SPINNER HERE quiet and portable with huge bobbins.





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

many of the wool fibers i use in my batts come from dyed rovings from my etsy shop fiber section

MY ETSY FIBER SECTION CLICK HERE       here are the 8 oz bags of Corriedale








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and  wonderful merino silks too in 4 oz bags 










staying safe in the redwoods 
 the studio is still not open for classes but curb side pick up and my etsy shop is open i ship out regularly or email me from my web site below with questions 

                                                WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM
                                                                 Jill Nickolene Sanders



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill