Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2011

sewing saori fabric for the county fair, and apple juice

Our gravenstien apples have been in multiple baskets on the studio floor for over a week , so this week end I prepped the kitchen to make raw apple juice.  In the past years I have dried apples, made apple sauce but this year I just wanted juice. OMG it tastes so good. thanks to you lee for helping with the clean up
the fastest I could process was 2 quarts a hour, not including set up and clean up. That was a huge help.


 my favorite very old carbon steel knife helped a lot.
 and our 37 year old Norwalk juicer, the first thing my husband and I bought together  new when we were first dating, it is still going strong.
just some of the juice cooling before the deep freeze.

This week the is the dead line for turning in my weaving for the Santa Cruz county fair so I have been busy sewing my saori yardage.


  making covered buttons for the bag

another piece of saori fabric cut out for another bag.

peaceful weaving
jill
www.saorisantacruz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill