Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2022

WEAVING A NEW SAORI WRAP/RUANA SEWING IN A UNIQUE WAY SAORI SANTA CRUZ

 I had a saori wool mauve wool ready made warp it was 200x 6. It was to narrow for a warp soo i decided to add 50 exta warps so  this is what i did 

 you see the ready made warp, and the cones of wool I am using to warp an additional 50 warp ends so i can make my weaving wider 


 I adore my saori  free standing warping frame saori warping frame click here



 then i beamed on my KENZO TABLE TOP BEAMING THREADING UNIT CLICK HERE

 THREADING THE 200 THREAD  READY MADE WARP ON THE 60 HARNESSES 

then the 50 warps i wound i threaded on the piccolo harnesses 
 

  

I PUT MY SAORI PICCOLO LOOM BEHIND THE SAORI CH60 LOOM 
  

THE 50 ADDITIONAL WARPS ( SUPPLEMENTARY WARPS ) ON THE PICCOLO LOOM



 DISPURSING THE PICCOLO WARP AS I THREADED THE CH60 LOOM REED!

 HERE IS THE SET UP  I CALL IT MY SAORI LOOM TRAIN WITH THE PICCOLO AS THE CABOSE !!!

 HERE YOU CAN SEE THE  SAORI MAUVE READY MADE WARP ON THE CH60 LOOM
 tied on and  tensioned the warp on the ch60 loom the  piccolo loom pushed back .

as i weave i advance the warp the piccolo loom inches forward! it works beautifully ! i love thinking up new ways to use saori looms!

IT'S WORKING 



SAORI LOOMS IN MY ESTY SHOP HERE








 the end of the piccolo warp right up to the end of the ch60 loom


 see the last few feet  took the reed off  piccolo to use up every last bit.


video of the unfurling off the cloth beam 

 O

soaked  and now cut and sewed together for the ruana 




 wraping extra fringes using the the indispensable cone yarn holder ASHFORD 6 CONE AMAZING YARN HOLDER THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD




FRINGES DONE!


sewing my  signature back neck gusset in and needle felted 


 lined with black silk organza




 my finished ruana! what do you think???



student Katie trying on my new ruana..

A STUDENT WHO CAME FOR SEWING INTESIVE TRYING ON MY FINISHED RUANA 


 THANK YOU KATIE FOR TRYING ON AND MODELING MY JUST FINISHED RUANA 






JILL NICKOLENE SANDERS   weaving and spining in my studio in the California santa cruz mountains 



1 comment:

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill