Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Happiness is a disabled, sight impared student wearing a SAORI jacket out of her hand spun hand woven yardage

This past week Jenny Dole came to the studio with Jon and Kristen to spend the day lets see what went on…..

Jenny's most recent  weaving comming off the loom .

 most of it is Jenny's own  hand spun yarns too!

 Look at those amazing selvages Jenny wove .. I am still trying to make freedom slevages!!! old habits die hard.. 40 plus years of aiming for perfect selvages is hard to break but I am getting there!
  Lee learned to "write" braille  to suprise jenny ( it is not easy, right to left backwards) with a stylus and a grid  for jenny to read . he wrote in braille what I had writen about her attached to a piece of her  wall hanging in my gallery that he bought me last year for our wedding anniversary .

 She was thrilled and touched. thank you Lee . The  thoughfulness  was big time  and so special!


  Here is Kristen one of Jenny's aides holding up her last piece at the top of the steps. these are 2 years of  Jenny's weaving.

  Jon scoped out my stonewear bobbins and boat shuttle earings and loved them! (for sale in my etsy shop)
 Hey they look great on him! I wear mine every day!

 Inside I set up the saori threading holder for jon to thread new 300x30 cotton ready made warp here for jenny to keep weaving!! We discussed  what options for  the rest of the day of her weaving visit  and suggested  to I make a jacket for her  to wear since she does demo's so often! It was agreed on! so I set the sewing station up out side and I got to work.

while I cut and sewed  jon moved his warp threading EASILY  outside too and finished dressing her SAORI WX60 LOOM HERE


 ALL DONE ! 33 YARDS OF WEAVING FUN FUN AWAITS JENNY!

 KRISTEN TOOK A BREAK AND WOVE ON MY GARDEN WEAVING LOOM SPHERES as i cut and sewed Jenny's jacket.


 ….and then I need a fitting so Kristen obliged ...


 the jacket  turned out just darling !  opps time was running out and we were running late so  i sent the jacket home with instructions on how to twist the fringes etc.



 ... and the  director of the special  services that pays Kristen to aide Jenny came over to jenny's apartment  a few day later and tryed on the jacket  and fell in love with it! Thank you Kristen for sending me the photo!

It was a marvelous day! ...and now Jenny can wear her  own weaving !!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I am so immensely proud of my studet Georganne !
These pillows and runner were woven by her and now she is selling in a  local gallery in Capitola CA ! Way to go Georganne 
 Congratulations on such beautiful work and getting accepted into the  local shop  Georganne!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The studio was ready for Conner and Leah  to come and try out looms last Sunday.

  I snapped a few quick photos of leah trying on one of my Saori garments !

 What a wonderful couple. she spins, and  they raise southdown sheep and goats and shetlands! they loved the saori looms!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am carding batts prepping for the the TOUR DE FLEECE weave to spin a long in my Ravelry group
TDF HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IT AND JOIN IN THE FUN!
(if you are not member of Ravelry join up! so much more fun than face book!)


  art yarn batts

  All of the fibers were raw fibers , dyed carded and spun by me, no commerical prepped fibers at all!




  my Clemes and clemes burnishing brush is awesome get twice the amount of fibers on your batts!




  Green vintage  bus from a miss marple "murder at the vicarage episode" as a inspiration  in greens
 my teeswater fleece  that i scoured last week  it turned out beautifully!




    to schedule a spinning and weaving classes….

Peace through fibers
 From the redwood mountains of northern California

Jill Nickolene Sanders

WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM
MY Etsy shop













No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill