Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Saori weavers progresses in the studio and my cute Saori "prom" clutch

Loving the progresses of  my  Students at Saori Santa Cruz , so here they are ! Starting with lisa, I dropped by her home to help her with some threading questions and checking on her progress.


 Lisa's  magnificent Indigo blues yardage  with supplementary warp



The first part of  the weaving on Lisa's loom.



Lisa has a Saori s60 classic loom s60 loom here




 Oh Lisa i adore your latest weaving! and you  are looking so happy too.


 Eileen   finished threading and we hung the harnesses and placed the reed in the beater…..
 Tying on the back beam  tieing rod .
 Just look at the amazingly beautiful  warp as we beam on she will weave next week.



 Mark is back finished sleying the reed  and ...
 and threading the heddles  using the saori threading holder easy and comfortably away from the loom
 tying on the back beam
 Beaming on his great scarf warp he wound. last week.
 Beautiful!
  NOT ONE CROSSED THREAD OR SKIPPED REED THREADING! GREAT JOB MARK! Now weave a few inch heading and in two week he will be back to  weave and finish his scarf class.
 the saori wood wx60 loom
"I want to take a photo to send to my wife, I am super happy"




I want to share my fun new project , I call it my "Saori Prom clutch /purse."









You can weave your own cute bags  yourselves  and  the accesory shoulder brass chains I will have them in my  etsy shop  in a few weeks so keep checking in.(  I just recieved a few so here is the direct link to my etsy shop) no sew cute heart clutch/bags No sewing and what a nice gift these would make! This was my first try and I used what ever glue I had on hand 
( the purse frame has what correct glues to use in the list of materials in the directions you should use there suggestions)  I am totally hooked on how adorable they are . What you think?  I happened onto these frames a few years ago but never got around to using them. I  thought up using my saori weaving fabrics TO TRANSFORM THEM this past week end.  If these  had been around back when i was in high school then  I would have carried one of these  to my senior prom for sure . I will use this one hold my hair clips or  straight pins ,needles as sewing kit or business cards …..

peaceful weaving in the costal redwood forest
jill nickolene




All hand made items that are listed for sale and items already sold are original and ⓒ of jill nickolene sanders 20011 - 2013

(Note: I retain copyrights to all designs and images of my work, regardless of ownership.)                                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your posts...all those smiling faces, from weaving SAORI style, makes my day! And that has to be the cutest purse - ever! :D

    --elizaduckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you elizaduckie! SaorI weaving creates smilling faces!
    I know i just had to share the joy of the heart "prom" bag, i am filling mine with things so that it is a small portable hand sewing kit.

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill