Pages

Thursday, December 23, 2010

last minute woven scarf for A holiday gift

Rick is our rural USPO letter carrier. His work ethic is amazing, for more than 20 yrs. he has gotten out of his mail carrier jeep and trekked up the 14 steps to our covered front door to leave boxes and parcels. other "fill in " carriers leave a note  and will not get out of there vehicles and THEN it is  days sometimes before we can pick up the parcel or sign for something! I usually bake from scratch for the holidays but this year no time, and Rick needed something very special  for sure, because lugging up saori loom boxes up the 14 steps is above and beyond the call of duty i think.
 I wove him a scarf in his favorite color blue. THANK you rick for doing your job perfectly,  a real model to the community for over 30 yrs! hope this keeps him warm on his winter rounds.







2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm a letter carrier. I can tell you, I'd be blown away with such a gift. Just Wow!

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill