Pages

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

I want to learn how to spin yarn! I want to learn how to Saori weave.

I recieved a  email from from Jessica " I have churro sheep and I need to learn how to wash the fleece and card and spin do you have a class in that? "
Yes I do…. and so Jessica came to the studio to learn!I had fibers and spindles and wheels ready on the outside teaching deck.
SAORI santacruz classes here
all set up for class
 Before we can begin we needed a class in scouring her fleece 


  Picking out second cuts

  soaking  her fiber

rinsing after the soak

 drying  ,all  fluffy clean!
  her churro sheep... from a photo she took.


learning how to pick and  then card her  fleece


  then learning  to spin on a  spindle ….one spindle of white ….
 …….and one in contrast.

 GOLDING SHEPPARD'S FLOCK SPINDLE HERE an amazing balanced easy to spin on spindle!


   taking both small balls of her first spindle spun and plying them on the  the LOUET DOUBLE TREADLE S10 WHEEL HERE


  NOW time to make a skein on the CLEMES AND CLEMES NIDDY NODDY

I love the clemes and clemes niddy noddy because it has a pin to release the the tension to slide down the arm to remove the skein. not a twist pressure fit type .
the noddy she is using is my 48 year old original clemes noddy ! she bought a clemes with a spindle to continuse to spin at home . mine it still solid and strong ! Clemes is still making them  the same way and same design!
I got a photo from jessica she is spinning her fiber at home sucess!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Margery wanted to lean how to weave  starting from  warping and threading the loom!


 
 first thing choose her yarns!

  then learn to wind the warp!
the SAORI WARPING FRAME AND STAND here.








  now time to learn to thread with the new Saori Kenzo Jo table top warping system here

  all  beamed on, threaded , she is ready to hang the inside set onto the loom.





and Jessica is weaving! 
when I learned to weave over 40 years ago it was a 7 hour day for 4 days class .  on traditional  Jack looms
Jessica learned to wind a warp dress her loom the Saori way .  saving  leaning over the loom a real back saver! she was weaving   on her warp on the Saori loom in about 6 hours!
  she went home with her new loom
a photo she sent me of her Saori WX60 LOOM  all set up with the 
 one of the  Swedish reindeer pads here I sell
peaceful weaving !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I finished  two new loom bags for the saori piccolo loom!
 oyster  color block and rectangles!

  denim  color block

  IN MY ETSY SHOP MY LOOM BAGS TO FIT THE SAORI LOOMS HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peaceful weaving and spinning in the northern California redwoods
Jill N Sanders

WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM







No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill