Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Destressing pressures of mid terms student learns to spin on her new Louet s17 wheel

Rebecca bought her first wheel !  She chose the The Louet S17 SPINNING WHEEL KIT HERE for her first wheel.
She easily  put three coats of danish oil on  and assembled the wheel it and came back to the studio for wheel class on how to spin. I had her  tried different breeds of fleeces to spin so that she could feel the differences in attenuating the fibers . She is a UCSC student majoring in marine biology .


I taught Rebecca a few years ago how to spin on a drop spindle so when I taught her on the wheel she only took a few minutes and she was spinning!  My spinning classes here at Saori Santa Cruz  to schedule a class and class info here.
I love  all of Louet wheels and have all the models to try here in the studio and wheels to rent. They are not just begginers wheels they grow with you too, you can add different flyers and accessories.



Rebecca wants to spin art yarns so she purchased the LOUET ART YARN FLYER  here .
It is amazing for plying on too .  A effortless to use designed flyer .. none  are designed or made better and I have tried them all.


  First plied skein off the bobbin onto the niddy noddy to form a skein.
 " I love this Jill!  just what I needed! It is going to reduce my stress this week from mid terms"
With a bags of fiber and her new louet wheel seat belted into her car she backed out of the drive way  smiling and destressed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got some new to the studio shades of the wonderful  Louet merino silk fibers into the studio this week. see all the fibers I carry and color spinning fibers section of my Etsy shop




and two new  to the studio shades of louet space dyed northern lights




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my weaving student  Georganne  has been weaving on her Saori wx60 loom  she made  some very nice tote bags... she sent me photos of! i love them!



peaceful spinning and weaving in the redwoods
Jill Nickolene Sanders








No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill