Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Children's weaving classes on Saori looms

Glimpse into the children's class at the studio, amazing . I faded into the back ground as two students wove for the first time .






 Choose your own yarns, wind your  own bobbins, feed the boat  shuttle.....










weave.










Tie off your warp ends.



I over heard some comments, " what is it when you have fun doing somthing?" the other childs answer, " I think you call that ART"
 When I gave them a 10 minute warning that the class was over. " wow class is over already?, It was like only 15 minutes long right?' I answered , nope two hours.  " Really, I  have never taken a class that was so fun, and went by so fast", other student, "I do not want to stop, hurry lets use the yarns we really want to use, I just love weaving."






 It's November 6th in the Santa Cruz Mountains here in California . We are having a Indian summer , today it could reach 90 degrees. Views of our property off the deck, ash tree, plum, gingko, japanase maple....









Peaceful fun weaving in the redwoods 
Jill Nickolene
www.saorisantacruz.com
My Etsy shop

A just recived a  email from one of the girls mom......

thank you so much jill, you are very kind! thanks for sending the pictures.
the girls had a wonderful time with you. their creations are so beautiful, we were all amazed!!
you'll be hearing from us again soon for sure.
erika







No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill