Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sewing a Saori vest


Linda emailed me this photos of her "river " scarf



Less than  2 months ago a new student came to learn to weave and wind a warp. The second class she bought a saori SX60 loom, and since then ..... well  i will let you see.
 This is the grouping of all the fun scarves she has made, some were all ready given away as gifts before  she took this photo so there were even more..
I am truly amazed at the joy this has given Linda and now she is weaving yards of fabric for clothing. See her vest below.







This is the yaradage she wove on her saori loom for her vest.












Peaceful Weaving
Jill Nickolene Sanders
www.saorisantacruz.com

3 comments:

  1. L O V E!!!

    I keep telling a felting friend of mine that weaving and felting are tricky ways to get me to sew. I love the vest but that scarf is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very inspiring! Love the colors and texture. Vest is very flattering too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with that vest - the colors are great and it fits her sooooo nice. I've said it before Jill, you're an inspiration!
    Martha

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill