Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Student's weaving and sewing


Sheila's second shell


This week Sheila my fiber arts student made number two lined classic  shell. when you find something that works it is so fun to make many in all kinds of fabrics. We have a little more tweaking on the pattern to get it to fit just right. we are 95% there though.

 The first blue silk one was a featured in the blog HERE . This  new one is Japanese cotton with a silk lining . I love her Fabric color choices. She can see fabrics that I would just past by. A great eye and  great taste too.

Weaving a summer scarf on the Emila ridiged hedle loom.





At sheila's home  I left a ridged heddle loom for her to learn weaving on. She is weaving a gauzy random warp sumer scarf.  I can't wait to see the finished weaving! It is turning out very nicely .......so in a few weeks I will show the progression and off the loom photos next.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful work. I did a quick search for "Summer scarves" "rigid heddle loom". Your photo popped up and I linked back to your blog.
    Thank you for sharing. I'm a new weaver and I love scarves. I'm going to try something like this on my Cricket!
    Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill