Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Elaine and her family learn saori weaving

How special Elaine brought her mother Iris and her son Morgan , 13yrs, to Saori Santa Cruz  Wednesday.
 It was Elaine's choice and she decided to bring many bags of yarns to weave with. This was there first loom weaving experience. Here is iris Elaine's mom who quilts and crochets. choosing some yarns they brought.


there quotes for the weaving session {they were randomly chosen }


Iris picked up weaving very quickly

Elaine chose happy color yarns and did a wonderful fun weaving.


 Iris and Elaine tying off the fringe

morgan's nice weaving



ELAINE'S WEAVING

This is IRIS'S LOVELY WEAVING

Morgan's fun weaving
Elaine brought bags and bags and more bags of some of her "stash" yarns to play with!
 I have weavers choose, with out looking, random  quotes  from a basket of  quote's I love and  I have collected. Weavers  can contemplate them ,if they want, while they weave.
 They had a fun day, even morgan! They drove back home by way of hwy 1, the lovely  costal route.
peaceful weaving!!
jill

1 comment:

  1. Jill, We truly had a wonderful day in your studio and I will be back for another class soon. I think I am hooked on Saori weaving and can't wait to play with a loom again.

    Namaste,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill