Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

SAORI weaving sewn into a new jacket

In February I challanged my self to weave a yard day for 30 days . so just a few weeks past till I got down to cutting and  sewing from my saori woven yardage.

This is my mostly blues warp .


 I cut into the yardage yesterday and started sewing a jacket  using a design I created  last year and that I always love.





What I love about this cut is that the front can be tired to close, or left open, or opened out flat , overlaped to a squaish neck line.  The curved hem and the bagged pockets are fun, I adore pockets.




peace in weaving and sewing and......

Jill Nickolens Sanders
 www.saorisantacruz.com
etsy shop

8 comments:

  1. Wow, the colours, the weaving and the final jacket look absolutely amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, weaving then creating clothing is sooooo rewarding.

      Delete
  2. This jacket is just FABULOUS Jill!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saori wevaing is so magical, and i love to design and sew clothing and enjoy teaching it equally as much. thank you

      Delete
  3. Jill I LOVE this jacket. Can you tell me though, when you are cutting the woven fabric, and then sewing it up, doesn't it fray? How do you prevent that? Use Fray Check, sew really fast or waht?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do not use fray check, occassoinally i will sew a straight stitch then cut, similar to a steek in knitting, but usually i just cut and pin and sew. you can tape then cut as well but i find when you pull off the tape it frays more. so i am carful in handeling the fabric. it is saori so try not to worry to much about fraying . you can head directly to the machine and zig zag all the edges too., or straight sticht the edges, sergers are not good for hand wovens as the vatiety of yarns and textures does funny things with the cutting blades and deflects the stiching.

      Delete
  4. Jill,. do you ever sell your design dimensions or patterns?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Patti i design and sew and weave my clothing. I do not sell patterns i do sell my clothing but i do give classes at my studio in northern California go here http://www.saorisantacruz.com/classes.html
      Peace through fibers
      Jill

      Delete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill