Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Saori weaving student takes a clothing class and sews a new Saori jacket

Leigh Ann  learned to weave two months ago here at the studio. Her husband  suprised her and bought her a Saori loom for christmas. she came back to the studio with her 12 yards of Saori fabric she has woven and took to my sewing class this week…. 



Here is her Fantastic Saori fabric waiting to be transformed..



We discussed options and she tried on a muslins I had and soon we were  laying and cutting out. 





  Choosing  specific areas  to cut out for her jacket


 Leigh Ann has never sewn before. I helped her through the steps to understand piecing and a few machine skills and she went right to work.



 Pressing …very important..




  Trying on and This is the result!




from this 





 To this!

Bravo Leigh Ann!!! Fantastic!!!  To  schedule a   weaving, sewing, spinning fiber classes info  SAORI SANTA CRUZ CLASSES here
my email  is on my website.



PEACEFUL WEAVING IN THE REDWOODS

JILL N SANDERS

WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM

My Etsy shop










No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill