Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thankful for family and Saori weaving

As a grandparent I think family get togethers are so wonderful especially for the the grandchildren.
This Thanksgiving I brought crafts to my daughter and son in laws home  and one craft  was having two saori piccolo looms set up so the the 5 of the 6 grand children and parents could weave if and when they wanted to . Comments like "this is so  relaxing , and fun" permeated the the house, as we ate our pumpkin pie with whipped creme.


I was so busy I did not get  photos of everyone , but it was so cool to set up the piccolos loom here  nicely tucked in a corner next to the hustle and bustle of the kitchen. It  was a little oasis of creativity and calm.











pink, and PINK and MORE pink!
 Blurry movment but … you get the idea!



The piccolo loom on the left is set up at the lower height, for the grandchildren , the piccolo loom on the right  raised higher for adults



 Did you know that the Saori  piccolo loom is the only FLOOR loom made with treadles  so that children as young as 4 can weave on there own?


A loving text from my daughter this morning


The best thanksgiving ever.
Peaceful thankful weaving

Jill Nickolene




No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill