Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Saori looms and peaceful weaving

I had the pleasure to meet Tracy yesterday. she had taken a Saori class from Terri  Bibby in British Columbia. Tracy wove  using some of her  own saori silk, and  her  own hand spun yarns and now wants to have a new saori loom some day she brought her first  Saori weavings for me to see.. She and I talked and shared life stories, and she tried out saori looms. She espically loved the saori wx60 A full size folding loom wx60 with a  weaving width  just shy of 24" .

 she brought her lovely  previous  weavings to show me, and  we discussed  ideas on how to display/hang  them.


  A LESSON ON THREE COLOR CLASPED WEFT.


 Tracie was heading up to the east bay to see her mothers good friend and wanted to stop by  to see  Saori Santa Cruz,  try out  Saori looms and to  go see the beautiful UCSC campus.
we felt very peaceful while weaving, why? Because with Saori philosophy you make no mistakes it is an  all encompassing accepting experience.

  BEAUTIFUL!
 She defiantly understood  and learned 3 color clasped before she left.
 Peaceful joyful weaving Tracy.

peaceful spinning and  weaving in the redwoods
Jill Nickolene
my Etsy shop



www.saorisantacruz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill