Pages

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Jill Nickolene Sanders : Saori Santa Cruz ,Fiber Artist

Applying for the Cutural Council of Santa Cruz's open house means chosing  some of my pieces and photographing them, and choosing a photographer  to take some images as well. So I have been  very BUSY!

 "Parrots of telegraph hill top" .  a few photos

Yardage before sewing 

 sewing


For my  hand woven pieces I prefer nature shots, as most are clothing and accessories.How ever when applying for a show different criteria comes in to play.
 Some of my morning shoots I took to find out out latter when I up loaded them to my computer my camera had a light leak, so I had to re take them all in the afternoon with a different  camera.
Here are a few takes, of me playing around,  not the final selections.


" Sand and Sandals " dress

Neturals cotton  yaradage before sewing


 woven in gathers.


  A couple of my Saori sun umbrellas.



  Photos of my piecing saori hand woven fabric for the  sun umbrellas



 sewing



One of my latest pieces is my "cabernet  reserve pewter jacket".

 The amazing wine that was the inspiration for my jacket







  My yardage used for my jacket



 Here are some shots of the photographer  I chose Dave , David Reese Photography  preparing for the shoot. I brought dress forms , and many pieces to be photographed . It was a good all day session, Dave was excellent , and worked hard with me on lighting and many details he has a eye for.








Thank You dave for helping me meet the dead line! resizing, cropping, and much much more, great  work.


 A few more photos I took


peaceful weaving
Jill Nickolene




4 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning weaving...and the photographs really do the work justice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all fantastic!
    Your great :)
    Kima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much for your comments.
      Peaceful weaving journeys
      Jill nickolene

      Delete
  3. Every piece so awesome, beautiful, evocative. Love your work/play! chana

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill