Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Saori weaving as a featured artist at a local gallery

The past week end I  brought a couple of SAORI  looms to the SVA Gallery. To demo weaving and  showcase my fiber art pieces that I show there as a featured artist.

 My unique knitted and felted purses


 A few children with there parents and grandparents  tried saori weaving.









Purples wool warp to design a winter coat or jacket when it comes off the loom.



Earlier in the week my weaving student Linda stopped by the studio  to purchase some yarn cone sets and  she brought her mobius cowls she had just finished to show me, they are just  fantastic! beautiful! I only wish the sparkles would show up in the photographs!







she wove this one wide enough for a double wrap which can be used as a hood!
Linda is coming up on her first year of weaving anniversary! She has woven amazing pieces I lost count of the number of scarves and woven and felted bags, and now cowls that she has done!




 The new Saori " Chelsea morning butterscotoch " special wool cone set, one left .
Peaceful weaving in the redwoods
Jill Nickolene Sanders

www.saorisantacruz.com
my ETSY shop







No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill