Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

SAORI WEAVING WITH KIDS AT THE SANTA CRUZ COUNTY FAIR

We are in jeopardy of loosing our county fairs in Caifornia. I volunteer yearly in our HAND SPUN HAND WOVEN division and really hope that we can keep the fairs alive. Thousands of school children come and learn so much and are so wide eyed in amazment at all agricultural , livestock, home arts, antique farm machinery and spinning and weaving and so much more.
 I brought three Saori looms from the studio and two helpers, Jennifer, day one, and Robin, day 2 and we did the equivalent of speed dating , only this is SPEED WEAVING! To give many children a taste of weaving.














  Jennifer thank you for all your help!



My hooded vest was sewn from the kids weaving that they did last year.




 THANK YOU ROBIN.







  As I was leaving taking my  equipment to the car I saw a fair goer with a free redwood sapling to be planted handed out from a fair booth slipped into in his back pocket and I thought " From strawberries,  lettuce , redwood trees to the beaches,  I JUST LOVE  SANTA CRUZ COUNTY "

PEACEFUL WEAVING...... in the redwoods
Jill N Sanders


1 comment:

  1. I love seeing kids learning these types of things! How fun!

    ReplyDelete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill